Title: KSPR Photojournalist
Department: KSPR News
Reports To: KSPR News Director
FLSA: Hourly, non exempt
Status: Full-time (40+ hours per week)
Location: KY3, Inc.
Closing date for resumes: August 23, 2012 @ 5pm
Purpose: KSPR photojournalists must have passion for news and the ability to shoot active and involved live shots and standups. We want someone who loves breaking news and can work a variety of shifts. Photojournalists must specialize in helping tell stories about real people without “suits”. We want someone who doesn’t use a lot of file or city council meeting video. Must be able to communicate and work well with others, especially reporters. Candidate must appreciate weekly and daily feedback on stories and shooting.
• College degree in a related major is preferred.
• 1-2 years experience in television broadcasting news is preferred.
• News video photography experience is a plus
• Must be able to operate Microsoft Windows software; ability to operate news related software is preferred.
• Editing experience is a plus; must be willing to learn how to edit (Grass Valley editing)
• Experience with regular social media and website postings is preferred
• Experience at setting up live shots is a plus
• Must be able to work well under pressure
• Must have excellent photography skills.
• Ability to maintain professional and ethical conduct at the station and in the community
• Willingness to be a hard-working staff member and work as part of a team is required
• Strong initiative and attention to detail is required
• Ability to work with limited supervision is a must
• Must possess excellent interview skills
• Ability to maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving in a manner that will work well with co-workers, supervisors and viewers
• Ability to keep up with national and local news/weather is required
• Ability to enterprise local hard-news stories is required
• We are an all HD station, shoot P2 and edit with Grass Valley Aurora. You must be able to shoot and edit several pieces daily
• Must be able to demonstrate ability to tell stories with pictures and natural sound under a deadline.
• Must be capable of working alone and gathering information and interviews when necessary.
• Must possess the ability to shoot and edit on non-linear equipment and to adapt to new technology. Experience with Grass Valley editing is a plus.
• Must be capable of utilizing 3 point lighting or capable of learning the process.
• Must be able to operate station vehicles as the need and situation dictate.
• Must be capable of working well with others in challenging work environments to produce the best product for the KSPR viewer.
• Prefer NPPA style photographer.
• Ability to demonstrate a working knowledge of local geography and road routes is strongly preferred.
• Required to observe all safety regulations in house and when in the field.
• Must be able to demonstrate working knowledge of television photography.
• Ability to operate live microwave (ENG) equipment is required.
• Responsible for ensuring all goals and objectives are being met and training sessions are attended as instructed by the Chief Photographer and/or News Director.
• Must demonstrate the drive to grow and learn as well as offer creativity every day.
• Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
• Sitting 20%, standing/walking 80%. Ability to lift and carry 65-70 lbs. for short distances. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is required to walk, stand, use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and talk and hear. Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility.
• Exposure to atmospheric conditions will be encountered; significant outdoor work in all weather conditions is to be expected. Occasionally morning, evening, or weekend work is required.
• Must hold a valid Missouri driver’s license and be insurable.
Station Contact: (KSPR is part of the KY3, Inc. family)
Beth Keeling - Human Resources Business Partner
999 W. Sunshine
Springfield, Mo. 65807
KYTV is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
The job description does not necessarily contain all of the actual or essential duties of this position.
All job offers are contingent upon passing a security clearance.