NIXA, Mo.- Residents of the Gallup Hill neighborhood in Nixa are breathing a sigh of relief this afternoon after a late Friday morning fire caused minor damage to the siding of a home.
According to a press release from the Nixa Fire Protection District, firefighters responded to a report of multiple structures on fire and found three homes with their front yards burning and flames advancing toward homes.
Fire crews quickly knocked down the flames and prevented major damage.
Fire Chief Jon Trent said early indications are that the fire was a result of the use of fireworks. Several unconfirmed reports indicated that juveniles were seen setting off Roman candle-type fireworks, Trent said.
A City of Nixa press release sent early Friday afternoon said Nixa Police Arson Investigator Billy Miller has located two persons of interest. An investigation is underway.
Trent said the incident serves as a reminder to citizens of the dangerous fire conditions with the continued hot weather.