Title: KY3 News Producer
Department: KY3 News
Reports To: News Director
Status: Full-time (40+ hours per week)
Location: KY3, Inc.
The KY3 Producer responsible for producing newscasts including: writing scripts, editing copy, ordering graphics to fit stories, coordinating live shots with directors, production staff, reporters & photographers.
• College degree in Communications, Journalism or related field
• 1-2 years television experience required
• Must have basic computer skills including internet usage, and word processing applications.
• Responsible for editing video and audio on industry standard equipment.
• Be able to write clearly and accurately
• Must be willing to work flexible hours and possess ability to work well with co-workers
• Ability to maintain professional and ethical conduct at the station and in the community
• Strong initiative and attention to detail is required
• Ability to work with limited supervision is a must
• Ability to keep up with national and local news/weather is required
• Arrive to the editorial meeting on-time at the start of your shift with at least two story ideas that could be produced for that day’s newscasts
• Prioritizes, organizes, and produces newscasts following the station brand and goals
• Responsible for writing clearly, concisely and conversationally
• Must maintain working knowledge of current events, community issues, and extensive list of local contact
• Special emphasis on working with reporters on story treatment and be able to accurately gather information for news stories under pressure
• Capable of accurate video editing with an eye for visual elements and graphics that make stories understandable to the viewer
• Acts as a leader in facilitating teamwork of staff members working on the newscasts
• Able to accurately and calmly handle decision-making process during the on-air process
• Post at least one piece of additional content to the Web site each day
• Copy edit stories on the Web site as you check newscast scripts
• Work evenings, weekends and holidays as needed
• Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned
• Sitting 80%, standing/walking 20%. Ability to lift and carry 10-25 lbs. for short distances. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is required to walk, stand, use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and talk and hear. Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility.
• Work is performed in a controlled atmosphere. Some exposure to atmospheric conditions may be encountered. Willing to work morning, evening, or weekends is required.
• Must hold a valid Missouri driver’s license and be insurable.
CLOSING DATE FOR RESUME’S: AUGUST 6, 2012 @ 5p
Station Contact: Beth Keeling, Human Resources Business Partner
999 W. Sunshine
Springfield, MO 65807
Phone: (417) 268-3090
Fax: (417) 268-3361
KYTV is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
The job description does not necessarily contain all of the actual or essential duties of this