Advertisement
YOU ARE HERE: KY3 HomeCollections

Space heater starts house fire in Springfield

Three children and three adults escaped without injury

December 23, 2011|by Brett Onstott, KY3 News | newsalerts@ky3.com

SPRINGFIELD, Mo. -- The Springfield Fire Department says a space heater caused a house fire in the 1200 block of North West Avenue, west of Kansas Expressway near Nichols Street.  It started around 3:15 a.m. Friday in one of the bedrooms.  Three adults and three kids escaped without injury.

A fire marshal says the fire was either caused by an overloaded extension cord plugged into the space heater or the heater was too close to combustible material.  The fire damaged the bedroom where it started.  The rest of the home sustained smoke damage.

Advertisement
KY3 Articles
|
|
|