Title: KY3 News Full-Time Producer
Department: KY3 News
Reports To: News Director
FLSA: Hourly, Non Exempt
Status: Full-time (40+ hours per week)
Location: KY3, Inc.
CLOSING DATE FOR RESUME/REEL: September 14, 2011 @ 5pm
This is to advise that station KYTV has a job opening in the News Department. KYTV, the dominant #1 station and NBC affiliate in Springfield, Missouri is looking for a Producer to join the most experienced team in the city. The KY3 Producer is responsible for producing newscasts including: writing scripts, editing copy, ordering graphics to fit stories, coordinating live shots with directors, production staff, reporters & photographers.
• College degree in Communications, Journalism or related field
• 1-2 years television experience required
• Must have basic computer skills including internet usage, and word processing applications.
• Responsible for editing video and audio on industry standard equipment.
• Strong initiative and attention to detail is required.
• Ability to write clearly and accurately
• Willingness to work flexible hours and possess ability to work well with co-workers
• Ability to maintain professional and ethical conduct at the station and in the community
• Strong initiative and attention to detail is required
• Ability to work with limited supervision is a must
• Ability to keep up with national and local news/weather is required
• Arrive to the editorial meeting on-time at the start of your shift with at least two story ideas that could be produced for that day’s newscasts
• Prioritize, organize, and produce newscasts following the station brand and goals
• Responsible for writing clearly, concisely and conversationally
• Must maintain working knowledge of current events, community issues, and extensive list of local contacts
• Special emphasis on working with reporters on story treatment and be able to accurately gather information for news stories under pressure
• Capable of accurate video editing with an eye for visual elements and graphics that make stories understandable to the viewer
• Act as a leader in facilitating teamwork of staff members working on the newscasts
• Able to accurately and calmly handle decision-making process during the on-air process
• Post at least one piece of additional content to the Web site each day
• Copy edit stories on the Web site as you check newscast scripts
• Work evenings, weekends and holidays as needed
• Perform other incidental and related duties as required and assigned
• Sitting 80%, standing/walking 20%. Ability to lift and carry 10-25 lbs. for short distances. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is required to walk, stand, use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and talk and hear. Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility.
• Work is performed in a controlled atmosphere. Some exposure to atmospheric conditions may be encountered. Willing to work morning, evening, or weekends is required.
• Must hold a valid Missouri driver’s license and be insurable.
Station Contact: Beth Keeling, Human Resources Coordinator
999 W. Sunshine
Springfield, MO 65807
Phone: (417) 268-3096
Fax: (417) 268-3361
Ky3, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
All job offers are contingent upon passing security clearance.
This job description does not necessarily contain all of the actual or essential duties of this position.