SPRINGFIELD, Mo. -- The Salvation Army’s “Doing the Most Good” Donation Drive for Joplin aims to collect urgently needed items for the Joplin community. The donation drive will take place on Friday, June 24, from 2 – 6 p.m. and Saturday, June 25. from 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. in the parking lot near Glenstone Avenue at Battlefield Road at Battlefield Mall.
Current requested donations for Joplin include:
- Non-perishable food – canned vegetables, fruits and meats
- Baby items - diapers, baby wipes, infant formula & jarred baby food
- Batteries – all kinds
- Sports drinks - Gatorade, Powerade, etc.
- First-Aid supplies
- Personal care & hygiene items – feminine care products, razors, Q-Tips, etc.
- Pet food – both dog & cat
- Laundry detergent – small bottles/sizes
For a complete list of currently needed items, visit http://www.usc.salvationarmy.org/springfield-mo. Please note that, although all donations are greatly appreciated, clothing, except for underwear & socks, is not needed at this time.
In addition to Battlefield Mall, other sponsors include Clear Channel Radio, which plans to do multiple live remote broadcasts during the donation drive and O’Reilly Auto Parts, which will generously donate a tractor trailer to store & transport donations.
Volunteers will also be on-site at Battlefield Mall assisting with receiving and sorting donations.