G & A Department Job Posting
Job Title: Human Resources Coordinator
FLSA: Salary, exempt
Status: Full-time (40+ hours per week)
Department: General & Administrative
Reports To: Business Manager
CLOSING DATE FOR RESUME’S: May 5, 2011 @ 5pm
Position Summary: Reporting to the Business Manager, the Human Resources Coordinator is responsible for the overall administration of payroll and human resources policies, programs, and practices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Coordinate and oversee payroll processing by the Corporate Shared Services Center.
• Prepare monthly payroll related journal entries (payroll distribution, payroll taxes and payroll accrual).
• Maintain payroll, employment and Paid Time Off records.
• Coordinate benefit and health & welfare administration with Corporate Shared Services Center and related third party providers.
• Assist employees with payroll, company policy and benefit related questions; refer employees to appropriate service providers as needed.
• Conduct new employee and intern orientations.
• Conduct employee exit interviews.
• Responsible for recruitment efforts, including maintaining and updating job descriptions and job postings, job fair attendance and related record keeping, including recruitment files and preparation of annual FCC EEO report.
• Responsible for Workers’ Compensation and OSHA reporting.
• Develop and implement strategic priorities.
• Develop, recommend, and administer personnel policies and procedures; prepare and maintain handbook on policies and procedures; ensure company policies and procedures are understood and followed by all employees; interpret "gray area" situations as the need arises.
• Serve other functional departments with their human resources needs with an emphasis on teamwork and compliance.
• Comply with all federal, state and local laws applicable to position. Comply with all company policies, procedures and expectations to the benefit of the organization and employees.
• Productively and positively contribute to our goal of maintaining a safe, healthy, productive and enjoyable workplace.
• Develop and implement wellness initiatives, serving as the leader of the wellness team.
• Provide general administrative assistance to the Business Manager, including tasks related to day to day operation, assistance with preparation of the annual insurance renewal, budget and audit packages and other projects as they arise.
• Serve as a backup to the Accounts Receivable Coordinator for log reconciliation and credit application processing.
• Assist and backup other Business Office/Accounting personnel as needed.
• Maintain and order station office supplies.
• Perform other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
Knowledge/ Skill/ Ability/ Education/ Experience Requirements:
• Four-year college degree in Human Resources Management or a related field required.
• Four years related experience preferred.
• Working knowledge of federal and state employment laws including Wage & Hour and EEO requirements.
• Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel and PowerPoint.
• Experience with payroll processing is highly preferred.
• Ability to get along with others and communicate effectively with employees at all levels of the organization.
• Excellent problem solving skills, communication skills, organizational skills and detail orientation.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, yet committed to team environment.
• Must maintain a high level of confidentiality.
Physical Requirements: Sitting 90%, standing/walking 10%. Ability to lift and carry 10 – 25 lbs. for short distances. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is required to walk, stand, use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and talk and hear. Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility.
Working Conditions: Work is performed in a controlled atmosphere. Some exposure to atmospheric conditions may be encountered.
Licensing Requirements: Must hold a valid Missouri driver’s license and be insurable.
CLOSING DATE FOR RESUME’S: May 5, 2011 @ 5pm
Station Contact: Angela Moyle, Business Manager
999 W. Sunshine
Springfield, MO 65807
Phone: (417) 268-3090
Fax: (417) 268-3361
KYTV is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
The job description does not necessarily contain all of the actual or essential duties of this position.
All job offers are contingent upon passing a security clearance