SPRINGFIELD — New information into the tragic house fire that left two little girls burned, and in critical condition. The fire marshal confirms there weren't any working smoke detectors in the home near McDaniel and Fremont last Saturday morning.
The fire was caused by a low-voltage extension cord that was connected to a space heater.
Five-year-old Alexia Havens and 8-year-old Aleena Havens suffered severe burns to their faces, arms, legs, and torsos.
They're being treated at the Shriner's Hospital in Cincinnati.