Advertisement
YOU ARE HERE: KY3 HomeCollections

Baby dies after being burned by bath water in West Plains MO

October 05, 2010|by Ethan Forhetz, KY3 News | eforhetz@ky3.com

WEST PLAINS, Mo. -- City police are investigating the scalding death of a 2-year-old girl.  Police say Shady Hicks was badly burned in a bathtub of hot water September 27, was taken to the hospital in West Plains, then airlifted to a burn center in Springfield, where she died on Monday.

Investigators performed an autopsy on Tuesday.  No charges are filed.

To prevent children from being burned, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommnds that parents set their water heaters to less than 120 degrees.  If a child is scalded, here are instructions on what adults should do
----

Meanwhile, Willow Springs police are waiting for toxicology results to come back in the death investigation of a 7-year old boy who died last Wednesday there.  Those tests could take several weeks to complete.
   

Advertisement
KY3 Articles
|
|
|